Monday, December 21, 2009

I used to think, I used to think ...

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/index.php?a=531

...ha, I thought it was my hormones. I, particularly, am perturbed at the health care issue. I really want to think that there are some good things about this, but I am a little overwhelmed - I am a little scared to think that maybe, there's not. Not enough to justify it as being a good thing.


Please don't let me down, I had so much hope.
I know it can be done better than this.


It feels like the shit has hit the fan.
All areas/aspects/issues are all on the forefront -
this is crazy and doesn't feel like I had hoped
it would, it doesn't feel right.

Incentives, or bribery?
What makes Nebraska so fucking special that it's citizens
would get more money for health care than any other state.

It's the 38Th state in the nation!
It has a population of 1,783,432.

California's population is 36,756,666.

36,756,666
(-)1,783,432
=============
(That's a...)34,973,234 (population difference!)

WTF. That just doesn't make sense - it completely lacks reason.

I can't say I've followed the whole fight, and I don't know everything or understand everything about the entire debate/fight, and I know I have a lot more of my own research to do on the subject - BUT even if I WAS in support of this specific bill, I would not feel proud of the way this battle was fought or how the victory was won.

I'm afraid to see what will happen if
the goals become so success-driven,
and the need to save face so critical,
that we aim to achieve them by any
means necessary.

I would've taken a failure with a comeback instead of a bill with no spine. I feel like I am on one hand being told to believe that it's a good thing because of it's historicism and it's "scope" (rub your balls here) but, I mean c'mon - really. It feels like a sophistic ploy to get me to bend over.

Ah.. yes, me too - I guess it's important to let it out but I need to balance it out. It's winter solstice - it's suppose to be pleasant at the very least.

Lastly, a sidenote to bring it all back.

When Ed gets all positive there is a part in there that I really liked -

"10 years ago we were all collectively (that’s the band) in the land of Kid A .. and although hugely proud of that record, it wasn’t a fun place to be .. What’s reassuring now, is that we are most definitely a different band, which should therefore mean that the music is different too and that is the aim of the game….keep it moving."


10 years ago, I was 15. I always love to think about what period of my life I was in and what music I was listening to ... When I was 15, it was the year 2000. Kid A came out in March of that year - my first introduction to it was at an USC dance show - they performed partly to or/mixed in Idioteque - it was brilliant and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment